From the Kitchen of Mrs. Sharon Smith
These delicious muffins are packed with flavor and versatile enough for a morning coffee complement or a tasty midnight snack!
1 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
½ t. vanilla
1 large egg
2 cups all purpose flour
1 T. baking powder
2/3 c. sugar
½ t. salt
1 ½ cups fresh or frozen blueberries
Topping: 1 cup melted butter, 1 cup sugar, 2 T. cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Spray muffin tins with cooking spray.
3. In a medium bowl, beat milk, vegetable oil, vanilla and egg with a fork.
4. Sift together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt and stir into milk mixture just until all of the flour is wet (dough will be lumpy).
5. Gently stir in blueberries and spoon mixture into the muffin cups, filling about 2/3 full.
6. Bake until golden brown, approximately 20-25 minutes or until muffins spring back to the touch.
7. Let muffins rest in the tin for 8-10 minutes.
8. Melt butter. In a separate bowl, mix together sugar and cinnamon.
9. Turn out muffins onto a wire rack and immediately dip tops into the melted butter and roll into the cinnamon and sugar mixture. Place back on the rack to cool completely.
When cooled, I usually wrap each muffin individually in plastic wrap and they keep fresh for several days.
“We provide a safe, friendly, and joyful environment for our guests to enjoy the bounty of nature.”
© Smith Blueberry Farm, LLC. 2022